PURCHASING & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Apply now
Closing date : 29 Feb
- Coordinate and control the end-to-end import & export activities for the Sport Business Unit, ensuring efficiently and effective processes for on-time delivery.
- Execute and monitor all regular purchasing requirements as per Business Unit Manager.
- Prepare reports and order summaries for Business Unit Manager (Sport).
- Is responsible for the preparation and processing of purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage and follows up on overseas orders.
- Handle and monitor of claims to foreign suppliers for damaged or missing items.
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries of goods between foreign suppliers / forwarding agents to ensure that all goods are delivered on time to meet shipping schedules.
- Assist BU Manager in negotiations with forwarding agents (sales) for better tariffs and services.
- Provide export commercial invoices to foreign clients for customs and clearings purposes.
- Give instructions to clearing agents and follows up the clearing process to ensure on time deliveries as per respective deadlines, avoiding delays and penalties.
- Liaise with the accounts department to issue MRA cheques for validation of bill of entries and deliveries.
- Approve all import/clearing invoices before BU manager and then, hand over to the accounts department for payment as per terms and conditions.
- Conduct all administrative jobs attached to the position on the designated systems and in line with the company’s policies and procedures. Specifically (but not exhaustively):
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing on SAP.
- Perform transfers on SAP as and when required
- Stock Management for the sport BU (to avoid over stock / out of stock )
- Participate in any training and development opportunities offered by the company.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualification & Experience:
- HSC or equivalent
- Certificate / Diploma in Administration / Purchasing or any other related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a Retail environment
- Excellent communication skills - both English and French
- Good IT skills - Microsoft Office, SAP software etc.
- Ready to work odd hours if required
Deadline for application: 29th of February 2024.
Please email your application (to include covering letter, CV and scan copies of certificates) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Emcar Group of companies please check on: https://www.emcar.mu
Emcar Ltd reserves the right:
- To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview.
- Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.