• 2021
    Emcar Ltd launches emcarshop.mu, a new E-Commerce platform for its customers. Emcar products can now be ordered online and delivered to your place.
  • 2017
    Emcar Ltd opens a workshop and spare parts counter in Roche Bois for big bikes and quads.
  • 2016
    Emcar Tyres is created with the integration of Emcar Manufacturing Ltd into Wingfoot Ltd. It is the official distributor of Kumho tyres, Zeta, Mitas and Cultor which are references in different fields.
  • 2013
    Emcar Ltd buys Maison de la Moto Ltee which is the importer of some famous italian brands such as Aprilia, Derbi , Moto Guzzi, , Piaggio and Vespa.
  • 2012
    Emcar Ltd opens a branch in Forbach and Emcar Sports opens a shop in Trianon Shopping Park and at Mont Choisy Mall Grand Baie.
  • 2011
    To be closer to our clients, Emcar Sports opens a showroom at La Place Cap Tamarin.
  • 2004
    Emcar increases its presence in the tyre business with the purchase of Wingfoot Ltd (holder of distribution rights of Goodyear).
  • 2001
    To offer its services to all Mauritians, Emcar Ltd opens a branch in Rodrigues.
  • 2000
    Emcar Ltd becomes a family owned business when Mr Reginald Rogers and family buys shares of Harel Mallac Group.
  • 1996
    Emcar launches a tyre retreading activity with Emcar Manufacturing Ltd and the factory is based at Pailles.
  • 1993
    In order to be present at the four corners of the island Emcar Ltd opened a branch in Flacq.
  • 1978
    Emcar Ltd offices arrive in Bell Village. Core activities are: Motorcycles, Ductile Pipes, Sports Equipment, Shipping, Tyres, Workshop and Spare Parts.
  • 1975
    The Electric and Motor Car Co Ltd changes its name to Emcar Ltd.
  • 1970
    Emcar Shipping is created, for years the Company collaborated closely with Besta lines, a Russian Company and liner Companies, as well as acted as agent for many other shipping lines.
  • 1956
    The Electric and Motor Car Co Ltd is bought by Harel Mallac Group and Mr Reginald Rogers. Fiat Cars, Suzuki and MBK brands are introduced in Mauritius.
  • 1912
    Engineering and Cycle Works is taken over by The Electric and Motor Car Co Ltd (importer of Darrack, De Dion, Flanders and Ford car makes, Phelon& Moore and FN motorcycles).
  • 1898
    Incorporation of Engineering and Cycle Works (Certificate n14) which commenced business with cars and Bicycles. First importer and reseller of Dunlop Tyres in the southern hemisphere.